Principal: Mr. Gordon Marshall
Assistant Principal: Mrs. Barb Rafuse
"Our Catholic School Family, embracing both English and Ukrainian programs is dedicated to providing the best opportunities for learning while nurturing in our students' continuous personal growth.”
Jean Vanier Catholic School was founded in 1973. It was named after Jean Vanier, the founder of L'Arche communities. Based on his message of love and care for others, the school strives to live out its' mission by reaching out to all children.
Approximately 300 students from Pre-Kindergarten to grade 4 attend Jean Vanier.
Jean Vanier also houses the Ukrainian Bilingual Program for Pre-Kindergarten to grade 4. We are an APPLE School (Alberta Project Promoting active Living and healthy Eating): APPLE Schools aim to make the healthy choice the easy choice by changing the school environments. Apple Schools create and sustain supportive physical and social environments that foster lifelong health and learning.
Jean Vanier is located in the heart of Sherwood Park, with close and easy access to Baseline Road, Cloverbar Road, Sherwood Drive and Granada Boulevard. Map of Jean Vanier Catholic School
We are a Catholic Community committed to developing educational opportunities in the context of the Gospel Values. A place where students gifts and talents are celebrated and nurtured through lifelong spiritual and personal experiences.
- That Jesus Christ and his teachings are the foundation and core of our Catholic School Division.
- That a quality education is a continuing process that develops the whole person in an environment which encourages success.
- That we live out the Catholic faith through our words, our actions and our interactions.
- That Catholic education is a shared responsibility between the home, the school, the parish and the community.
- That education is a lifelong journey during which excellence is actively pursued.
- That everyone has worth and dignity as a unique creation of God.